Mindful about mindfulness

I write this poem with each feeling like each breath.
Inhale, and now I exhale. 
My feet tap to find the translation of my longingness...
I am in the present, and my mind is in Hawaii.

I exhale, and realize I don't remember inhaling. 

Oh the sweet miracles that I do not thank enough.
Thank you beautiful heart for the pains and for all of your hard effortless efforts.
Thank you lungs for filling me with life, and I am sorry for all of the grief that I have filtered through you. 

I do not wish to take you for granted.
I will do better.
I am.

Releasing the frown from my forehead, I exhale.

I am inhaling. 
"Only this actual moment is life," says Thich Nat Hanh.
And this moment, and this moment, and this moment. 
I am grateful.
Filled with the swirling  of the holy spirit, and watching the monkey brain 
protect the pains and ego trips and falls into pleasures and me me me me, 
shut up.
I'm breathing...

Past is tugging and here I am.

Future is calling and here I am.
Now is now and then was now, but now is always here.
Riding the wave on a long board of presence and awaiting the wipe out I breath. 

My body is asking me to spend some time talking and listening to it.

I thank thee for allowing me to harm you in my pains.
I thank thee for keeping me alive from day to day.
I thank thee for telling me so many times to rest.
I apologize for many things, and I'm grateful all the same. 

I inhale and exhale and wonder....

I imagine cells to and from and pumped into and out of some.
Filtered and carrying this and that.
Fights and wars and then relaxed.

Liquid chemicals of emote and think.
A thought is fired and lids now blink.
The diversity and tissues like coral reefs,
the joys and wonders, the scars and leafs...
leafs?

Roots are digging deeper.
I inhale...
I exhale and rise like a 300 year old Redwood tree.
Rooted.

The cluttered sound of all abound does sing a song till out this globe.
Detached from all that is right there, I float away from this here sphere.
Out Solar, our system past Pluto to see,
another rock unnamed or two...

Past system to Galaxy, a billion and more.
to see the true glory of many beyond.
The trillions and trillions beyond what we think.
I'm fantasizing and back here I come.

Past comets and Novas, and colors galore,
to Earth where I write these here words.
To my country and county and city,
my room.
My body is working right now.

I inhale and exhale and feel some small pains.
I label and think of my love far away.
I write and I translate my thoughts and my stories...
I channel the feelings I say.

Inhale one. Exhale one,
Inhale two, Exhale two.
...three, and so on and so on...

I'm here, right now as I write.
I'm mindful of what I now do.
I scribe a script with out de.
Removed after moved, and I see.
Right now is always where I will be.
Until always goes on with out me.

So, I inhale and exhale the deep breaths of a sigh.
I am mindful my body needs stretching and rubbing.
My neck is now asking for touch.
Tomorrow I'm scheduled for lots of great things,
and right now I will be here, right now.

Comments

Popular Posts