LA CASA DE MARIE MEN

LA CASA DE MARIE: MEN AROUND THE BONFIRE
DREAM CATCHER 2000

I’ve had a dream in which I saw elephants walk and fade away, one by one as they hold each other’s tail.
An elder elephant cries and turns into our 81 year old elder.
I jump from off of a couch as an animal and land, on my hands and knees, a man on a table.
I dreamt of forgetting dreams and telling stories that made mouths drop.

  • Charlie Ash: Parking lot-running around-1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 (1st Car)- Checking it out- immaculate- didn’t drive- Oh my wife was there too!

  • John Marsh: Scene- Golf course @ Santa Barbara- No golfing skills- Difficulty- Base of a sand-trap- Green next to it- Clear sunny day- Steven golfed with me- I put a ball on a small hill- Steve did it with ease and he offered to show me how to golf- I felt comfortable- practiced chipping a ball up a hill into the green, into success- Benches- distracting girl from school- acquaintance- pleased- unfocused game- self-defeating- frustrated- flirting from game.

  • Tom Whailing: The gripe-master- trying to compose a poem- Ooooh to dream-catcher and praise of ombudsman- it never came to be…

  • Joe Cohan: In and out of dreams unremembered.

  • John Mutz: Betrayal of trust given to wife- Lost- Alone- Weak.

  • Don George: Purgatory of dreamland and reality- “Tomorrow Tomorrow”.

  • Dick Edling: Forgotten dream- thoughts of fiancée and a path ahead.

  • Donell Lester: Stephen Frueh- I took a ride, in a Jeep, up a hill on a dirt road with him- There was a big abandoned house on the hill that we wondered through- Stephen found a path to the other side of the mountain top- he ran- in a hurry- screams “Wait!”- Takes off in Jeep- I run after him- I scream “Stop!”- Wont wait, wont stop- a boy replaces me- the vacant house is now occupied- I knock- Invited in by a female stranger- a stranger’s family sits at a table- I ask for a ride into town- Gurneyville- They say “Okay”- there are 6 or 7 people in the house- two sisters are topless- one is a mother- jiggling breasts and dancing- calming down- ready to return to the retreat- forgotten questions.

Untitled Poem
There is a brand new dream of what I used to own in my sleep that overshadows my wife’s image. Steve Frueh shows me how to hit a golf ball up a small hill. I never played the game, but he makes me feel comfortable and at ease with my green life. Beautiful women distract my focus, and I see now that it is self-defeating. It breaks my dreams.
I have been trying to compose a poem for the ombudsman and give my respects to the dream-master, but it never came to pass. Steve left me in a hurry to ride off with a little boy in his Jeep. This was after we reached the mountaintop and wondered through an abandoned house. Two topless women made me forget about my worries in my dreamland purgatory and helped me transition into my retreat. Forgotten dreams and distracted thoughts of betrayal and loneliness turn into images of lust and thoughts in between reality. Beating drums and symbols call out to me. Fragments of last night and now help me realize that we are me and we is us as I am me and me is we. Betrayed, Distracted, & Forgotten. Wait! Stop! Knock and it is open. All I can do is retreat into the company of men colliding into shared embraces. Welcome, we will not leave you, but lead you into your own reality, upon awakening from your dreams.


NUDE, BUT NOT NAKED

After a night of collisions caused by open elation and breaking ice, a circle of men integrated into a new place of places, from which they journeyed to rejuvenate.
Sharing to preparing and make each other aware of the roads they've traveled, on the maps of their experience.
A fire burned in the middle as a dance began a riddle and the days began to slowly unfold. One morning as the cock “a doodle dooed” everyone, one by one, began to rise as I followed one man that had already opened his eyes.
Water flowing through pipes focused a mind in a room where there was a tick of 60 and the turning of keys.
Men had begun to unshackle their minds and comfortably get nude, but not naked.

Comments

Popular Posts