Transparent Passion Trance Poem

TRANSPARENT PASSION TRANCE POEM
we went to Yellowstone...I can't even begin to say it, it was so astounding!!!
the last day was like being on the most brilliant peyote high...everywhere our eyes lit, was litto the point of stupifying the critical mind I went beauty blind (as in snow blind) my eyes and heart ached...
Antelope trotted across the sloped plain looking back over it's shoulder
I said "Watch the animals, look where they look."We had seen many signs warning of bear activityWith my eyes I followed the prong horn's gaze thinking a bear might be approaching saw a flurry of beige to my right over a ridge
suddenly locked eyes with coyote on the hunt
I must have looked small maybe the red I was wearing looked like blood
his ears forward, a quick crouched pace...predator directly towards me, his approach filled with intent
Alarmed, I exclaimed "What do we do, it's a dog, it's aggressive and it's coming right at us!?" you said "It doesn't even see us."my attention held to coyote's dead eye contact I declared "Yes it does! What do we do?"you said "Don't run."I said "Get a rock."
at the beginning of this I had turned my video camera on and focused it on coyote during all of thisI could feel his fangs tear my limbs clamp down on my flesh taste my blood this is what I saw through his eyes
you found a large rockwe turned to face coyote ready to fight
coyote came near looked us both overyou are so tall and we were ready
coyote thought twice veered to the right of us, skirting our stand changed his posture to a gesture of "'JES KIDDIN!"
but, as he looked back over his shoulder he bared his front teeth and snarled a quick one "FOILED AGAIN!"
then, coyote sat down and scratched just like any other silly dogand continued his pursuit of antelope
who was by then, LONG GONE!
coyote we are linked in three phases
driving, soon after that we passed a coyote trotting nonchalantly across a meadow of tall green grassesfull of intent, once again in pursuit of antelope, maybe doing what coyote's do in their world
then, all of a sudden coyote was at road killon the lines seperating the lanes seconds ahead of us
you mumbled a quick cursebut, wisely did not swerveavoiding an accident probably avoiding killing coyotewho was so quickhe spun around and tore off to the right our bumper just missing himonly the tick of his tail tapping our fendertold of coyote's near fatality into the desert he had disappeared
we saw everyone's babies in Wyoming we saw a 3 day old moose 2 gangly and homely cute teenage mooses lanky elk baby bison children sucklingmountain goat kids appearing from nearby cliffs bleeting and playing just a few feet awaya teenage black wolftearing at a large carcass of white ribs sticking up from an ice cold riverso close we glimpsed a blonde grisly digging near the highway and a black bear grazing on a hill, limping it's paw injured
We saw a mother black bear with brown & black twins she bathed in a spring beneath a tree exhausted from raising her two babies tumbling, then scrambling up a tree like a flash you could barely seereally close, really mellow I have footage to share with you
we saw every kind of wild land formation...things to make me aware of my limited imagination visions beyond me
we saw god
the Universe spoke behind my ear pulled mewhere there is no hearing pure presence
to petrified trees on a mountain slope above signs that warned of eminent death to the left "BEAR ACTIVITY, DO NOT ENTER, MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED!"
humbled, I surrendered
I was so stoned!!!
I am transformed, purified "Stoned emmaculate!"
if anyone asks my religionits Wyomiac
i wept to leave
and when we did, I wept again...
The week after we returned home our very good friend, an incredible musician, comedian, philosoper, literat i and compulsive a homeless person who proudly slept on the beach played for coins at the Bart, gave his life to art...died...
his coyote got him...he probably OD'd
it could have been you, had you not made the decision to fight for your life to do what it's takes to have your life in a right way
he was one of those brilliant stars that streaks across a lightless sky he was like "Into the Wild" mana truth seer and sayer
his unique brilliance was over come by his circumstance and conditioning
I got footage of him performing two weeks before he died
it's on the Youtube website
The weekend after he passed we were digging in our yard the wind was blowing a different and particular kind of wind fabulous, wild not cool not hot shooting and curling, playing buffeting and tugging at you from every side
things were bright, alive filled with motion and breath
I felt extremely exhilerated, awake the world was full of charged energy, esctatic presence complete connection
I believe they stay around for a while you can talk to them they talk to you you find yourself staring off just staring off
LISTENING
seeing pictures feeling them
He was there.
he was the windthe leavesthe grasses and weeds the bugs and flowers the sky the dirt
I was filled with amazement, joy
and I felt "He's in everything!!!"
my face lit with surprise I turned to you, whose very close friend he had been your body filled with grieving I looked all around us and said"NOW, HE'S IN EVERYTHING!!!"
He's in everything!he IS everything I am in every thing I am in him I breath him in he's in me, us
ALL OF US
transformation
he is no longer confined by the matter which focused himthe flesh through which he gained experience, felt pain the matter which manifested and reflected him, expressed him
he is freeand still will be missed his; him and only him perceptiveness, wit and bouyance
he has returned or evolved
it makes sense we come from everything or the nothing thing we all return to it all re-enter and become IT ALL
the trees, the leaves, the water, the dirt, the airthe windf illed with spirits is the breath we breath
energy
transformed I no longer have fear in my heart.
My surrogate mother is dying of cancert here have been deaths of elders in my tribe recently I dedicate this to her, to them, to him...to you...to all of us!!!
Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts