Rage N Anger

RAGE & ANGER

Rage! Anger!
Rage! Anger!

Verse 1:
My days been crossed up. My thoughts been tossed up, and I’m a wreck of a man trying to understand this playerhaterism damn!
You can run but you’re wastin’ your breath and energy.
Goaltenders pretend to be friends and even family.
Sanity! I’m close to edge goin’ nuts.
Life is a struggle, I strive, but I’m headed for a nosedive.!!!
Mayday! My payday’s short of a check.
$5o dollars from the street with this tension in my neck, and my next step is bread and water; pawn shops, to cop money for my needs.
Lord I’m prayin’ on my knees!!!
I’m getting hotter than lava drinking my guava and gin, making my head spin.
My anger’s no stranger to a secular sin.

Chorus:

Verse 2:
I feel like I’m about to explode.
Loaded with this drama and pain.
Echoes of isolated thoughts bounce around in my brain.
I treat others how I want to be treated. They don’t comply.
I’m fed up constipated with this anger and I want to cry.
I try dealing with my feelings, but they deal with me.
Fluid runs from my eyes, and I can no longer see.
Being the bigger person hurts when everybody’s got pride, so I swallow every grudge and hope to God that I die!!!
Maybe a corpse will make the blind see what I think.
Maybe I’m better off dead is what I feel when my hearts sinks.
Blinking, thinking, feeling, dealing, knowing that I must…
Calm down in the silence of sound thought before I bust!

Chorus:

Verse 3:
I’m trying to get a grip on it, man before I perish in flames.
I’m through jumping through hoops, hurting, playing everybody’s games.
I got to maintain.
My sanity’s close to the edge.
I took a deep breath and spit all that needs to be said.
I can’t take it no mo’, fake it no mo’, forsake it no mo’.
I feel relieved from my head to my toes.
Family and friends act like leaves in the winds, treating me like I’m a stranger, but we don’t need to pretend.
The truth hurts. In spurts I grow.
My eyes open to see a frost bitten drama thawed out to my reality.
Insecurity dies, wounds heal and steps get maid.
I can't afford to be consumed by anger and rage.

Spoken Word:
Through the flames of pain emerges the truth.
Ignorance shatters and new growth drinks dew.
Renewed in faith after the Anger subsides,
Rage disappears like tears from an eye.

Chorus & Build out...

Comments

Popular Posts