Best Friend

Every day that I awaken, beautiful, you save my life.
And, yes, I fully understand, that this right here, is really right.
You are a gift from God, the Greatest Spirit, The humm, the All in the One.
I cherish where we are, and fear it, sometimes even run.

I love my blessings daily, it's just that some, now, I can't name.
I've touched the hot flames, young, and guestimated some of this change.
And once I'm burned, and recognize to realize, my eyes can see.
I keep assumptions minimum, and listen to the trees.

Those things can lead astray, and when I'm lost, I watch for bees.
I'd rather grin and smile, and shake your hand, or feel the breeze.
I love to dance with you between the wind, and let it be.
I love to dance with you, and let the rest go flying free.

So when I'm tired, and I'm drained, the Blues sometimes enters your door,
You make me tea, and feed me loving, more and more, and more.
Now, I'm no saint, as when the kettle sings, I guess I'm feeling done!!!
I've tripped and stumbled just know that baby you're the one.

If we can keep this bed with flowers, herbs, some others, and yes some succulents,
well, when that dry day comes, we'll sniff and eat a few of them.
You save my life for wanting health, and standing here with me.
When all the rest go home, you and I are planting seeds.

Every day, when I lay down, I sleep my best while next to you.
The Great One's plan is grand, and when I'm done, I'll wait for you.
This journey is a long one, may there be a long extend.
I cherish you. I grow with you. I'm blessed with my best friend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Breezy flowing words wash over me, burning away tears...tickling my toes with warm earth.

Popular Posts