Checkin' you out...

I see you watchin'...
Avoiding the fire of attractions I pause in thought to dance a little more and buy myself some time...
Time elapses and bodies part to corners of the plot, where buffers exist.
The drum beat pulls me back.
The dancing engulfs my mood.
Like a Lioness on prey you pounce and grab my vibrationz.
The smell is overwhelming...
The moves are synchronized...
Lyrics asking me "Don't you wish your girlfriend was a...like me? Don't you?"
The outside air calls our names to break from the crowd.
Reality settles into my heart and mind.
I'll take your email, but I can't spend the night planting seeds of another galaxy.
Lingering in temptation and smelling the sanity...
I'm checkin' you out.
Retreating to a pitched tent to sleep off the attraction that remains a drum beat in my adrenaline.
I cannot shake the virus in my cells that whisper "emmmmmmmmmmm".
The night is over and the new day has shaken me to release...
Alone.
I drive away in the moisture and ponder the lost opportunity or the great job... the missing taste and the guilt free feelings I protect.
"emmmmmmmmmmm".

Comments

Popular Posts