Off Road

In the middle of a road,
Faced by a fork and flames of pain in three directions, I know whatever choice is made will provide new steps.
No shade.
One road is flooded, another is rocky, and the third is paved.
“Take the road less traveled” is what a voice whispers to me.
My heart says, “Beat another path”.
Unchartered and filled with uncertainty, I count to three and go against all I am comfortable with to regain my sanity.
Fields of fear are unknown thoughts and feelings to experience.
One path of faith is made through the odds of a dark reality.
The light is STILL in the sky.
My ancestors have followed the drinking gourd, and I seek the face of their destination.
Liberation from fear…
Freedom from the fear of pain…
From uncertainty…
From failure…
From …
From the three choices and chose to walk into the darkness to find the light,
Off road on my own path.



AtiimBomaniChenzira/bLACKbOMANIã2002

Comments

Popular Posts