Pain

This pain I carry, beautifully wrapped in rags
is hidden so deeply underneath a mask.

The smile covers hurt from a million pasts.
The anger only shields the open wounds that last.

So why not resolve the pains and allow the health?
It's the secrets that kept me safe as a child, none else.

As the pant sizes change, with the shoes and shirts,
so the pain takes a ride, and there in lies my hurt.

Like the lady who ate the horse, in the end, she died.
I can mask with mere rags, and masks, but that is a lie.

The fear of being further hurt just makes a mess,
as the one, covered by another, and another, is next.

And so the cycle of the festering illness grows and grows,
and the taps turn to punches, and the punches blows.

So a child tells the truth, and for it gets the pains.
An adult hides his folly, and again it rains.

The only way to safety is to feel the hurts.
The only way to Love, is to honestly work.

For the days come along like the clouds above,
as forgiveness of oneself and others is the dove.

In the flood, searching for land, and today is found.
After disaster drowns the world I once knew.

There are plants from seeds that grew.
There is growth from the rain and dew.
There is pain, as I always knew,
but today, through it I walk, and feel it with open arms.

The masks and rags are no longer comfort
The anger is no longer a shield.
Their is no one but God who can lighten the way you feel.
The wounds are festering, but no longer coveted.

The path is painful, and the reward is life.
The open wounds begin to heal, through what is done, and what is real.

No matter the deed, the Spirit is there;
watching and taking note of actions.
The ancestors are there to help,
and help is not specific, and may not be your satisfaction.

The sowing is now reaped.
The opportunity is a choice for you and me.
Both roads are rocky, but which one is the best?
Experience is the seed of Wisdom.

Which outcome do I wish to have?
Which story do I wish to tell?
Which pain is best to endure?
In the end you meet the end of all that you expend.

No lie can save you, nor truth.
Both lie and truth bring consequence.
The tax is higher on lies.
The benefits are greater with truth.

Now, what will you do?
What will I do?
I will walk with truth and feel the pains,
and sprout my seeds and lick the rains.


Comments

Popular Posts